Psalm 31The Lord is a Fortress in Adversity
- What are some terms used to describe the Lord?
- “Your name’s sake” = ________________
- Find a quote from Jesus in this psalm ___________
- When is hatred right?
- What are some terms of debilitation David experiences?
- God’s goodness is for who?
- Have you ever “said in my haste” v 22?
- Courage/heart strength comes to those who _____________
Psalm 32 The Forgiven are Blessed (II Sam 11-12)
- What happens when we keep silent re our sin?
- What happens when we acknowledge our sin?
- Images for God in this Psalm?
- A sin I need to confess_____________ James 5:16
Psalm 33Old Songs, New songs/New Meanings for Old Songs
- Sing for joy, play skillfully
- Reasons to do so = __________________________
- Seeing things from God’s perspective (13-19)
- Our fitting response (20-22) = __________________
Psalm 34 David & Abimelech
- David: Problem > Prayer/ Deliverance > Praise
- Taste & see (experience the goodness of the Lord)
- Come & be taught the fear of the Lord = _________________
- How is God in it with us? (15-22)
How have you experienced God’s’ goodness/being in it with you?
Psalm 35Revenge upon Adversaries
- Brings retaliation to God, not the adversary
- What is justice? (28) - Determining authentic justice for God?
Psalm 36Unfailing Love (steadfast, hessed)
- Not having fear of God > _____________________(1-4)
- Contrast: God’s unfailing love (5-9)
- Request (10-12) - contrast the stipulations of Psa 35
Psalm 37 Living in the Midst of an Ungodly World
- What not to do: _____________________________
- What to do: ________________________________
- Paths to finding our way (3-7a)
- The Lord understands the wicked the situation (7-22)
- How is God in it? (23-40)
- What is the writer’s situation, feeling, & request?
- How does his emotional-spiritual condition affect him physically? (insights into healing)
- What does he do with his feelings?
Psalm 39Inner Resolve > Outer Expression
- What was his inner resolve? What happened?
- What did he choose to do?
- What is his request?
Psalm 40Waiting on the Lord
- What are the results of waiting on/for God
- What does the Lord require-desire?
- What is the psalmist’s request?
My take-away: _________________________