Q: What did God try to teach you this week?
Review of Big Ideas
Unfailing love (hesed)
Trusting in the midst
Dealing with difficult people
Psalm 61 Overwhelmed?
- By what? _____________
- Lead me to the: rock, refuge, fortress (1-4)
- Our inheritance is ______________(5-8)
- How can this psalm help you to be only “whelmed”?
Psalm 62The Key to Victory
- What do you need victory over? _______________
- Key to victory = ______________ ( 1-2 + 5-8)
- 11-12 = our paycheck
Psalm 63Searching for God
- What does earnest searching/seeking look like?
- 2-5 : ________________
- 6: ________________
- 7-8: ________________
- Do you sometimes feel over-extended? the tyranny of the urgent? How might this psalm help? What are the psalmists priorities? resources?
Psalm 64Regarding Enemies (see spa 68)
- 1-6 Prayer in light of the situation
- 7-10 What to do: _______________________
Psalm 65 Praise God Because?
- Praise God because _____________________
Psalm 66Praise God How?
- Praise God how ________________________
- vs 9 - “Our Lives Are In Your Hands”
- Reasons for testing (10-12)
- Fulfilling vows (13-15)
- Come & listen (my God-story) - (16-20) - cf John 9
- What is your God-story?
- Purposes/ cf Aaronic Blessing - Numbers 6
- How & why
Psalm 68Dealing with Enemies (see Psa 64)
- Appeal to God (1-4)
- Who / what God is/does
- vs 19 - each day he ___________ us in his arms
- Procession of victory (24 ff)
- Who is a current enemy/adversary for you? How might this psalm be of help in dealing with this purpose? What will you do in response to the psalm? ________________________
Psalm 69Up-to-my-neck Psalm
- Prayer: a frank conversation. Summary: vs 29
- Who sees God at work & are glad (vs 32)
Psalm 70Prayer for Seekers
Big Ideas in 61-70? ________________________________
Most meaningful verse? _____________________________
My take away from 61-70 ____________________________
Next week : Psalms 71-80